If you’re living with diabetes, London Drugs Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs) are your partners.
London Drugs has the highest proportion of Certified Diabetes Educators than any other pharmacy in Canada. Our CDEs are available to assist you in managing the disease by guiding you through recommendations for therapy. We offer one-on-one consultations specific to your needs.*
A London Drugs CDE can:
- Be your first defense against long-term complications of diabetes, which may include heart disease, kidney disease, digestive problems, erectile dysfunction and depression
- Help you interpret blood sugar patterns so you can be better manage your diabetes
- Discuss your diabetes in relation to other medications you may be taking
- Discuss the basics of healthy eating, physical activity guidelines, foot care, and more
- Communicate with other members on your diabetes team
- Help you learn to safely inject insulin and about insulin adjustment
- Provide you with information about insulin pump therapy
- Help facilitate a referral to a specialist when necessary
- Download blood glucose meter tests and printout your test results
*A consultation fee may apply and a tax receipt will be issued.
Book a consultation with a CDE:
Diabetes Needle Disposal program
Returned filled containers will be disposed of in an environmentally friendly and safe manner at London Drugs. With the purchase of 100 Becton Dickinson syringes or pen needles, receive a needle disposal container FREE. Please see our pharmacists for assistance.