Osteoporosis Screening Clinics return for two days at London Drugs in Tillicum Centre
As individuals continue to focus on their health there are many tools available to provide guidance on health goals. One area of health people may not consider is the health of their bones. London Drugs is announcing the return of their Osteoporosis Screening Clinics to give individuals an overview of their bone health. For two days only, London Drugs Victoria customers will have an opportunity to book an appointment with a pharmacist.
According to Osteoporosis Canada, “without BMD [Bone Mineral Density] testing, 80% of patients with a history of fractures are not given osteoporosis therapies. Hundreds of thousands of Canadians needlessly fracture each year because their osteoporosis goes undiagnosed and untreated.” For this reason, London Drugs Patient Care Pharmacists help patients determine the risks of developing Osteoporosis. Through a 45-minute, one-on-one consultation, a London Drugs Pharmacist will test the strength of patients bones by using the Omnisence 8000s, which is a mobile bone assessment unit.
The results of this test will provide a personalized and report for each clinic participant. London Drugs encourages men and women to attend the Osteoporosis Screening Clinics to help determine what they can do to minimize their risk of Osteoporosis.
For more information on osteoporosis, you can visit the London Drugs Health Blog. Interested patients can call to book an appointment at London Drugs Tillicum Centre.
- Event: London Drugs Osteoporosis Screening Clinic
- When: Thursday, February 26th & Friday, February 27th from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Where: London Drugs in Tillicum Centre3170 Tillicum Road
- What: For a fee of $30, patients will receive a one-on-one 45-minute consultation with a London Drugs Pharmacist to determine their risk of developing Osteoporosis.
- How: Book an appointment with a London Drugs Pharmacist today at 250-360-0296 Ext. 0.